Opening Times & Admission
York St Mary’s is currently closed.
The main entrance area is fully accessible by approaching York St Mary’s from Coppergate Square, within the Coppergate Centre. Visitors approaching from the Castlegate side have to go down a short flight of steps.
The building is on two floors. The main exhibition area on the ground floor is fully accessible. The upper mezzanine can only be accessed via stairs.
For more information, please visit our access page or contact York Museums Trust on 01904 687687.
There are baby changing facilities in the disabled toilet. Pushchairs can be brought into the main exhibition area.
We welcome Guide Dogs, but no other animals are allowed into the building.
Please speak to a member of our Welcome Team during your visit; they will let you know which artworks and areas you are able to photograph.
If you have any questions about visiting please contact York Museums Trust on 01904 687687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Find Us
York St Mary’s in the centre of York, next to the Coppergate Shopping Centre. Our address is:
York St Mary’s
York St Mary’s is a 20 minute walk from York Railway Station following the green pedestrian signs to the ‘Castle Area’.
The nearest car park is the Castle Car Park next to Clifford’s Tower, which has 305 spaces including for Blue Badge holders. This car park is off Clifford Street, off the inner ring road, most easily reached from the A19 to the south of the city or the A1036 to the south west.
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- York Museums Trust Want To Hear From You About the Future of York Castle Museum
- York Castle Museum, York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum Open As Normal
- York Museums Trust To Host Consultation Meetings To Improve Access Across Sites
- Dinosaurs, Vivienne Westwood and the BFG! York Museums Trust’s Major Exhibitions and Events for 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.