The Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition 2014
4 April – 22 June 2014
Celebrating new emerging artists, the Aesthetica Art Prize champions contemporary artwork from around the world. This year’s exhibition features innovative and outstanding work by shortlisted artists in the following categories: Photographic and Digital Art; Three Dimensional Design and Sculpture; Painting and Drawing; and Video, Installation and Performance.
From thousands of submissions, work by eight artists has been selected for exhibition with a further 92 who were longlisted presented within the gallery on monitors. Surveying present day concerns and focusing on the most poignant topics of our times, this show highlights artistic talent from across the globe with locations including Germany, Chile, Italy, New Zealand and the UK.
Stimulating, vibrant and inspirational, the pieces on display engage on multiple levels and create a platform for further conversation.
The contenders for this year’s prize are: Amedeo Abello and Federico Morando (Italy), Deb Covell (UK), Elke Finkenauer (New Zealand), Ingrid Hu (Taiwan/UK), Harriet Lewars (UK), Ines Molina Navea (Chile), Sybille Neumeyer (Germany), and Julia Weiβenberg (Germany).
The winners of this year’s prize were announced on 03 April. Visitors can also submit their vote for The People’s Prize by completing a form in the exhibition. Organised in collaboration with Aesthetica Magazine.
- York Museums Trust announces appointment of a new Chief Executive
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- York Museums Trust invitation to tenders
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- UK premiere for Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience